What Would Ma Ingalls Do?

Friday, October 14, 2005

Adapting

So two months later things don't seem as overwhelming. This blog has been silent for a few weeks, how about the rest of you? For myself, there is still this need to get things done, times are changing and I keep my eyes and ears opening and still shake my head in disbelief at the numbers of people who refuse to adapt to these changing times. My mantra has been "reliance on any one thing leaves you vulnerable" (thanks to Stella for that). My daughter and I have been reading the Little House books over the summer and in it's own way, looking to the past has given me insight for the future. Even the pioneers came to rely on new inventions and when nature's wrath made life unbearable they were at a loss to get by because of their reliance on modern inventions.

So, the answer seemed simple enough, learn to adapt to life with out mod cons should the occasion arise and the need is necessary. The largest adjustment that will need doing is moving away from petroleum dependence. It seems scary and overwhelming but if taken slowly, one step at a time I feel it's do-able. It all comes down to making that choice. We have the means nowadays to adapt, anyone with a computer has everything they need at their fingertips to finding ways to gain skills that will provide.

Recently I managed to stay up late and caught Letterman, on this particular show his guest was Woody Harrelson. I'm not very big into the lives of celebrities so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that he lives off the grid in Hawaii. Plus he mentioned his site Voice Yourself . It looks very interesting and I will be taking time to look it over, I love what I am seeing so far.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger F@ery said...

Aw, I remember the Little House books. They were so sweet. Hope you enjoyed them too!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Stefani said...

And you know about Daryl Hannah's Love Life - another "green" site? It's cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home